Lightyear Europe AS Complaints Policy
Version 3 - 8th of December 2022
Lightyear Europe AS ("the Firm") is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority under activity license number 4.1-1/31. The Firm is a company registered in Estonia with company number 16235024 and registered office Volta 1, Tallinn 10412, Estonia.
Providing a high standard of customer service is a priority to the Firm. The Firm welcomes all feedback on its services at all times. If you have become dissatisfied with the services of the Firm please allow the Firm a chance to remedy this. The Firm accepts, investigates and reviews all complaints made to it.
What is a ‘complaint’?
How do you make a complaint?
- The date on which the issue arose;
- The affected transaction numbers, if applicable; and
- A clear description of the issue.
Procedure for handling complaints
- A ‘final response‘, being a written response from the Firm which:
- accepts the complaint and, where appropriate, offers redress or remedial action; or
- offers redress or remedial action without accepting the complaint; or
- rejects the complaint and gives reasons for doing so and informs the complainant that if he remains dissatisfied with the Firm’s response, he may refer his complaint to the Consumer Protection and Technical Regulatory Authority or the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority;
- or a written response which:
- explains why the Firm is not in a position to make a final response, where it has got to with its investigation; and
- indicates when it expects to be able to provide one; and
- include details of any option for the complainant to address the matter with the Consumer Protection and Technical Regulatory Authority or the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority.
- accepts the complaint, and, where appropriate, offers redress; or
- offers redress without accepting the complaint; or
- rejects the complaint and gives reasons for doing so; and which informs you that, if you remain dissatisfied with the Firm's response, you may refer your complaint to the Consumer Protection and Technical Regulatory Authority and Estonian Financial Supervision Authority.
Authorities for solving complaints
- The Consumer Protection and Technical Regulatory Authority (at Endla 10a, Tallinn 10142, www.ttja.ee/en).
- Estonian Financial Supervision Authority (at Sakala 4, Tallinn, 15030, www.fi.ee).
- Furthermore, in order to resolve a dispute you may contact the Consumer Disputes Committee operating at the Consumer Protection Board and Technical Regulatory Authority or turn to court.