Lightyear Europe AS Conflicts of Interest Policy
Version 1 - 7th of March 2022
Lightyear Europe AS ("the Firm") is authorised and regulated as an investment firm by the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority under activity license number 4.1-1/31. In order for the Firm to be as transparent as possible with our customers, we are setting out our Conflicts of Interest Policy below. We have in place a policy that enables us to identify, manage and prevent any conflicts of interest which have the potential to arise when customers use our services.
Conflicts of interest are inevitable while providing services to customers. The Firm and its employees are required to identify and manage conflicts/potential conflicts of interest in line with our conflicts of interest policies.
What is meant by Conflicts of Interest?
- The Firm and the customer;
- One customer and another customer;
- An employee of the Firm and a customer;
- An employee and the Firm.
- would make a financial gain, or avoid a financial loss, at the expense of a customer;
- has an interest in the outcome of a service provided to the customer or of a transaction carried out on behalf of the customer, which is distinct from the customer’s interest in that outcome
- holds knowledge in confidence for one customer which would benefit another;
- has a financial or other incentive to favour the interest of another customer or group of customers over the interests of the customer;
- may be remunerated in a way which encourages it to act against its customers’ interests; and
- receives or will receive from a person other than the customer an inducement in relation to a service provided to the customer, in the form of monies, goods or services, other than the standard commission or fee for that service.